Curro County, Oregon FONT SIZE   A A A

COVID 19 Tourism Industry Resources


How you can act now: 
1. Stay Home, Save Lives: In the effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, Governor Brown released an Executive Order “Stay Home, Save Lives.” This new policy orders Oregonians to stay in their homes whenever possible and includes stronger language around approved activities and business operations. Share the communication materials that help inform the public around “Stay Home, Save Lives” to slow the spread of COVID-19. Social times are available here. Additional social content is available on the Oregon Health Authority page here

2. Industry Toolkit: Please visit Travel Oregon’s industry toolkit to access the material and learn where to get translated messages from the Oregon Health Authority. Every morning new messages and social content will be uploaded; check back daily to find these new messages and material to share with your community.

3. Help us share your story: As Oregonians unite to slow the spread of COVID-19, it is important to increase our lines of communication. Travel Oregon has created an online form to capture recent impacts on destinations and businesses. Please share your immediate needs, as well as any special promotions or inspirational stories happening during this challenging time. Complete the form and submit by March 27 to be included in upcoming content pieces and marketing and communication recovery efforts. 
Resources and Support for Tourism Businesses in Oregon



State of Oregon COVID-19 Business Impact Survey

Travel Oregon, in partnership with Business Oregon and Small Business Development Centers, would like to help assess how COVID-19 is impacting businesses. Responses to this survey are confidential and will not be shared publicly, only aggregate information will be shared. 
We are requesting impact information from tourism businesses specifically to capture estimated revenue impacts as well as information around canceled events, employee impacts and more.  The intention of this short survey is to serve the needs of businesses impacted by COVID-19. Information gathered by this survey will be vital to policymakers who are working to provide assistance to businesses during this crisis.
Access the survey here. The survey will remain open through April 15 and is only 23 questions.


Downloadable link: REPORT

Additional COVID-19 Tourism Research and Analytics Resources 
• ADARA: COVID-19 Resource Center
• Tableau COVID-19 Resource Center
• CBRE: the-year-ahead.pdf?la=en
• STR:
o USA/Canada – Updated report should be available tomorrow afternoon (3/26) here: blog/coronavirus-hotel-industry-data-news
• Oxford Economics:

  • Oregon Outdoors - visitor recreation resources
  • Oregon Outdoors - industry recreation resources
  • America Outdoors – resource hub for outdoor recreation outfitters
  • Outdoor Industry Association – resource hub for outdoor recreation industry 
  • Adventure Travel Trade Association – adventure travel and trade resources 
  • Oregon State Parks Close March 23rd - announcement 
  • Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife closes wildlife areas to camping March 22. Wildlife areas that are currently open remain open to visitors for day-use activities including wildlife viewing, fishing, hunting and other outdoor recreation. 
  • The Oregon Department of Forestry campgrounds currently closed for the season will not reopen for individual or group use. Year-round campgrounds closed March 23. All day-use and campground restrooms are temporarily closed due to limited janitorial services. A reopening date for all restrooms and state forest campgrounds has not yet been determined. During this time, trails, forest roads and trailheads on state forestlands will remain open to the public.
  • Connect with your local visitor information center for more information about closures in recreation areas
  • Oregon Small Business Resource Navigator 
  • Built Oregon is encouraging residents to purchase gift certificates. If your company offers gift certificates, please add your company to this list
  • The Timely Help—free service to sell eGift cards and get donations
  • Kabbage – businesses can sign up to sell gift certificates [$15-$500] online & send custom links to their customers (2.5% payment processing charge per certificate)
  • Portland Community SOS is encouraging the public to support Portland small businesses through the purchase of gift certificates and gifts. Get your business listed today.
  • Bristol Myers Squibb Expands Patient Support Programs to Help Newly Uninsured Patients in the U.SA.
  • For questions related to COVID-19, please refer to the CDC’s FAQ at, as well as for updates from OHA. Curry Health Network has a 24/7 Nurse Triage Line available at 541-247-3090. You may also call the OHA information number at 2-1-1
  • Medicaid/Oregon Health Plan is the public insurance available to Oregon citizens. You can apply for OHP online at or contact a local partner to assist in filling out an application
  • Curry Community Health in Gold Beach and Brookings – please call 541-813-2535
  • Curry Health Network in Gold Beach and Brookings – please call 541-247-3000
  • Coast Community Health Center in Port Orford – please call 541-332-1114
  • COVID-19 tests are available in Curry County at Curry General Hospital in Gold Beach. Please call the nurse triage line at 541-247-3090 to determine if you should be tested.
  • The following is the process for being tested for COVID-19 at Curry General Hospital: Patients with flu-like symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, will be directed to the Emergency Department at Curry General Hospital in Gold Beach, where they will be seen in the Triage Room. The patient will receive a medical screening examination by the emergency physician, and this facility’s laboratory has the ability to perform a rapid test to rule out influenza as a potential cause. The emergency physician then will follow guidelines established by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) to determine if the patient should be tested for COVID-19. If so, specimens will be collected and sent to an external laboratory for testing as long as collection supplies are available. 
  • Medicare and Medicaid will not be charging copays or deductibles for COVID-19 related expenses. Many other insurance companie are also eliminating these charges. Call your insurance provider to verify what fees they may be willing to waive.​

  • Moratoriums on Evictions – Residential evictions have been halted through June 19th, 2020. Please contact your landlord or mortgage lender if you will not be able to make payments due to coronavirus. If you need to find a shelter, call 2-1-1.
  • Unemployment Benefits – As of March 24, 2020, all unemployment offices are accepting visitors by appointment only in order to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Please contact your local WorkSource Center for job seeker and employer services. Phone and online service options are also available. Unemployment Insurance claims can only be filed using the online system at or by calling 1-877-FILE-4-UI. They encourage everyone who can to file online and help keep wait times down on the phone. Curry County’s local WorkSource Center is located at 16261 US-101 #11, Brookings, OR 97415, the phone number is (541)-469-9836.
  • Small Business Loans – Small Business Administration is now offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to Curry County. Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information, and download applications at Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 or email for more information on SBA disaster assistance. The deadline to apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan is December 16th, 2020. Business Oregon also has resources that might be of assistance. Contact Sean Stevens from Business Oregon for more information. Phone 541-346-8620. Lastly, the County’s Economic Development Coordinator, Summer Matteson, might be able to help, call her at 541-247-3253. (It is important you keep documentation of your losses because you may need it when applying for assistance.)
  • Oregon Coast Community Action (ORCCA) – ORCCA operates programs in Coos and Curry County, such as the Energy Assistance Program. The Energy Assistance Program provides eligible households a one-time payment (once per year) toward their energy bill. ORCCA also operate multiple housing assistance programs aimed at helping individuals and families obtain stabilization. Housing programs are designed to help low-income individuals, veterans, and families maintain or transition into permanent housing. To see if you are eligible for any of ORCCA’s programs, please call 541-469-3155. Coos Curry Electric Cooperative (CCEC) will not be disconnecting electricity if you are unable to pay your bill. Contact your local CCEC office for further details.


 Food Pantries

  1. Brookings-Harbor Community Helpers Service Days: Monday-Friday, 10:00am – 1:00pm 539 Hemlock Street, Brookings, OR 97465 Phone: 541-469-6988
Gold Beach
  1. Gold Beach Seventh Day Adventist Church Service Days: Tuesday 9:00am – 1:00pm 24191 3rd Street, Gold Beach, OR 97444 Phone: 541-247-2057
Port Orford
  1. The Common Good Service Days: Wednesday 10:00am – 12:00pm, 1:00pm – 3:00pm 2015 Washington St., Port Orford, OR 97465 Phone: 541-322-1365
  • Hurry in Curry will deliver Clicklist orders from Fred Meyer, as well as food orders from local eateries to the Brookings-Harbor community. Call 541-251-3279 to arrange a delivery.
  • Coastline Neighbors will shop, pick-up, and deliver food and medication to members in the Gold Beach and Brookings areas. Membership applications can be found at or you can call 541-207-1366 and have an application mailed to you.
  • Contact DHS to apply for food stamps (SNAP). Curry County’s local self-sufficiency office is located at 94145 5th Place in Gold Beach. Their phone number is 541-247-4515.
  • WIC for Curry County is currently not seeing any individuals in person. All appointments are being held via phone call. If you are interested in signing up for WIC benefits, please call or text 541-373-9064.
  • Corner Drug in Gold Beach offers free delivery of prescriptions to residents between Brookings and Port Orford. Call 541-247-4544 to set up a delivery. If you lost your health care, and use medications distributed by Bristol Meyers Squibb, you might be entitled to free medications—call 800-721-8909.
Food for students/children

  • Beginning the week of March 30th, Brookings-Harbor School District will resume providing food to any member of the community between the ages of 1 and 18. Food can be picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays from 8:00am until 8:00pm in the high school cafeteria.
Gold Beach
  • Central Curry School District will be providing free delivers to the home. Starting March 31st, meals for children/students age 1-18 will have breakfast and lunch provided on Tuesdays and Fridays. Tuesday deliveries will be for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday meals and Friday deliveries will be for Friday and Monday meals. Please fill out the form at and either email it to, mail it to 29516 Ellensburg Ave., Gold Beach, OR 97444, or drop it off at one of the drop boxes at McKay’s Market, Ray’s Food Place, or Riley Creek’s meal site.
Port Orford
  •  Starting April 6th, breakfast/lunch will be served only at Driftwood from 11:00am to 12:30pm Monday-Thursday. Twice a week, buses will run normal routes and deliver food and/or learning packets to those unable to come to Driftwood for any reason.
Elder Care

Nursing Homes/Assisted Living Facilities

  • Good Samaritan 1 Park Ave., Brookings, OR 97415 541-469-3111
  • Monarch Gardens 984 Parkview Dr., Brookings, OR 97415 541-469-6817
  • Azalea Gardens 755 Elk Dr., Brookings, OR 97415 541-469-7812
  • Seaview 98059 Gerlach Ln., Brookings, OR 97415 541-412-6730
Gold Beach
  • Shore Pines 93975 Ocean Way, Gold Beach, OR 97444 541-247-0333
  • Hurry in Curry will deliver Clicklist orders from Fred Meyer, as well as food orders from local eateries to the Brookings-Harbor community. Call 541-251-3279 to arrange a delivery.
  • Corner Drug in Gold Beach offers free delivery of prescriptions to residents between Brookings and Port Orford. Call 541-247-4544 to set up a delivery.

Ongoing Education Plan


(541) 469-7443,
  • Brookings-Harbor School District are currently working with the Oregon Department of Education to determine what supplemental educational experiences will look like during the extended school closure. They will most likely be a blended model of packets, online learning, and virtual experiences. They plan to begin rolling out these educational platforms the week of April 6th.
Gold Beach 

(541) 247-2003,
  • Curry Central School District is in the final stage of planning supplemental learning plans. They will be announced right after Spring Break.
Port Orford-Langlois 

(541) 348-2293,
  • Supplemental education plan will begin April 6th. For grades K-5, students will receive paper packets and teachers will be available via email Monday-Friday 9:00am – 2:00pm. For grades 6-12, students will work in a hybrid model; some paper packet work and online instruction. Teachers will hold virtual office hours 3 hours a week on Google Platform for students to talk with them face-to-face. Office hours schedule will be released by Monday, April 6th.
SWOCC – Brookings Campus

(541) 813-1667,
  • All Southwestern Oregon Community College credit courses will be online for spring term. The online course fee will be waived, along with the payment plan fee for spring term. Students will not be charged for late fees during the term and students can register even if they have an account balance less than $1,000. Spring term classes start on Monday, April 6th.
Veterans Resources

As a Hidden Heroes Community:
AARP and the Elizabeth Dole Foundation have teamed up again to offer strategies to help military and veteran caregivers tackle some of the most critical issues they are facing as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. 
In efforts to keep the military and veteran families in our community informed, please see attached for the two-page fact sheet. We encourage you to share this resource with your constituents. 

Curry County Office of Emergency Management